1) Am I fun to work with? Yes, having fun and being yourself is a must when working with my couples & seniors.
2) How long have you been photographing families? I’ve been photographing families almost as long as I’ve been a photographer. You looking at over 15 years of families, lol.
3) How many photos do you take? This all depends on the individual event. I never set a limit to the amount of pictures that I take, on average for a family session I will capture between 500-700 images.
4) How long does it take to receive my images? All my family sessions are done in order of being shot. You will receive a few sneak peak images within a few days of your session while the rest of them will take about 2-3 weeks to be ready to show. Some times longer if your session takes place in the middle of wedding season.
5) What type of payments do you accept? I accept all forms of payment, cash check, CC and so on.
6) What if I’m a returning client? My clients become my friends, and I love the opportunity to see their families grow over the years. Returning clients all get special discounts on the products that they order along with the session fees.
7) What if I can’t make it? We all know that life is unpredictable & things do happen that are out of our control. So in case of a bad weather or a sick child I always try to reschedule shoots within a few days of the original date.
8) What should we wear on the day of the shoot? That all depend on you. I suggest you wear something comfortable, that showcase you and something that you don’t mind getting dirty as I might have you rolling on the ground with your kids.
9) What if it’s railing or snowing? Weather can make some of the most amazing images. That said if the conditions are just not right (blizzards, monsoons & volcanoes can really ruin your day) the we just reschedule. Normally with a week of the original session date.
10) Can we bring our dog to the session? Of course! Your pets are part of your family and if you want them in your photos them bring them along!
11) How much time should we reserve for you? I don’t set a time limit to the sessions, we keep going until everyone is happy with the images we have gotten. But on average a family sessions will take about an hour or two.
12) Have you taken any continuing education classes? Yes, even though I have a Bachelors of fine Arts in Photography from the University of Lethbridge that does not mean my education is over. I usually attend 3-5 seminars and workshops a year to learn new techniques and skills that help me craft amazing images for my wonderful clients.
13) Do you travel? Yes I do! I love the opportunity to capture amazing images in locations close to home or far and away.
14) Do you work with a second photographer? Upon request I do. Normally I work alone or with an assistant but in cases that the client would like that extra bit of coverage, I will arrange for a second photographer to be there that day.
15) Do you have backup equipment? Yes I do. I normally shoot with 2 cameras. I have a third as backup with me at all times in case one or both of the primary cameras go down. I also have nearly a dozen lenses in my kit which gives me nearly every possible angle I could choose.
16) What is a reprint copyright? It means I am giving you permission to make prints for yourself and your family for personal use only. I still retain the full copyright and ownership of the images. You receive unlimited copyright for personal use only.